>

Friday, April 2, 2010

Change

I’ve always thought of myself as someone who really doesn’t particularly like change.  Now, I’m realizing that isn’t necessarily the case.

Just the word “Change” stirs all sorts of things in our minds.  A friend of mine recently posted as her facebook status that she was “Contemplating Change”.  Amazing the number of conversations and questions it initiated.   What is it about that word or concept that gets the mind to spinning?  Change. What kind of change?  Little change or big change?  Would someone dare to break out of the status quo?  Is this necessary?  How will the end result affect – or dare I say challenge me?!

Change has always intimidated me a bit.  What if I step out and it ends up being a leap into failure?  What if……..what if……..(pathetic.)

It’s not like I have a lot of first hand examples of changes that ended up making things worse rather than better.  (Hair escapades excluded.)

Something inside me sort of awoke to this reality tonight.  I think I might like change.  Okay, maybe not ALL change, but if the truth be told – my Heavenly Father likes change and I like the difference He can bring!

It started when I began to consider what He had done in me and in the lives of those I love:
            Death to Life; Depression to Joy; Turmoil to Peace;
            Weariness to Rest; Stress to Calm;
            Despondency to Hope; Bondage to Freedom;
            Brokenness to Wholeness; Unbelief to Faith

Time, space, nor my vocabulary, can adequately articulate or contain ALL the transformation that He embraces and brings. 

So – while I may find change challenging and often something that takes a bit of getting used to – the end result – when it is brought by His hand is nothing short of amazing.

It’s Spring…….I have a feeling change is in the air! 


1 comment:

  1. I love change :) It keeps things interesting. and yes, Spring is amazing! However, weather wise, i feel we skipped Spring and went straight to summer! I like your bloggies and I love you!

    ReplyDelete